Monday, May 15, 2006

Me, manic Monday morning and mentally mending

What I've accomplished by Monday 11am:
  • Get child off to school on time
  • Check mailbox
  • Read overdue bills from dentist and get angry that they don't know how to bill an insurance company, call and leave message
  • Read letter from Bassett Furniture after five phone calls and one letter to get my $800 chair repaired. (Note the typo. They were so quick to fire off this letter after they decided they didn't want to foot the bill to move the chair since it can't be repaired in my home, they didn't even bother to spell check the document):

Our technician was out to your home on Arpril [sic] 13, 2006. His inspection of
your chair found it to be heavily used with spills, etc. The seams of the chair
are pulled out of place causing the fabric to separate. Based on the above
information, we will not be making any repairs to your item.

This is the chair whose seams they won't repair -

Filthy huh?

  • Call JAG
  • Speed to JAG office
  • File paperwork for Attorney General's office.

What I've NOT done:

  • shower
  • use bathroom
  • eat
  • exercise
  • breathe

I think I need to get my priorities straight! And I sure do hope that this is not foreshadowing my week. I have an MRI on Thursday so I hope this is not a week for bad things to happen. I need it to be a goooooood weeeeeeek, with ggggoooooooooood neeewwwws! (Don't worry I'm not seizing or anything, it's probably just stress but the neurologist wants to rule out my fear - MS. it was kind of funny actually, she goes, "Ok, what are you worried about?" I said, "MS." And she was like, "ok, let's do the tests so you can stop worrying about that." I made the mistake of Google-ing my symptoms and multiple sclerosis was what popped up. It was just amazing to me that she not only listened to me, but did exactly what I wanted to do. I was crying when I left her office and she gave me a hug. How many doctors double as counselors? )

In other news, I spent Mother's Day curled up like a baby on the couch, downing Sudafed and blowing my nose. It must have been the flu because there wasn't a spot on my body that didn't ache. My children ran amok, and the house was destroyed, but I managed to get us all fed even better than normally because I was like, "Ok, I'm sick but I can't let my kids starve" so each meal hour on the dot I would peel myself off the couch and make something edible. By the evening I was feeling much better and my mom and sister called to say Happy Mother's Day, which made me cry because I miss them and my mom was crying cause she wished she could be here to help me and we had to turn off the waterworks or we would both be depressed :)

Feeling better I cleaned my entire house. I even did all the laundry! I had an urge to get it done before Monday, which, haha, turned out to be a good thing. I also had an obsessive compulsive urge to do all the laundry so I could finally solve the mystery of the ten unmatched socks on my kids' dresser. I know. I need help. :)

I forgot Survivor was on last night, but thank goodness I Tivo'd it a long time ago so don't tell me who won, I need to watch it. I was FREAKING OUT watching Grey's Anatomy. Anyone watch that show? Izzy? Denny? the heart transplant? the shooting? Oh dear lord can I grow up and write for that show!??!! No one better call me tonight unless it's the rapture 'cause I'll be chained to Grey's to watch the second half of the finale.

So I'm really happy that the illness was short lived and I'm just hoping I didn't pass it to the boys. Crossing fingers for a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek. Good luck on the MRI. THey are not as scarey as everyone thinks. The tube may look small, but your head will likely be the only thing inside, the rest of the body is out there. Oh, remember to wear underwear. You don't know how many people leave their junk out there for the techs to see. your feet will be pointed toward the control booth and they have a perfect view up any gown or skirt.
I will be thinking of you.
C

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better, and good thoughts to you on your MRI results. My intuition? You're going to be fine. (And lucky you for finding such a sympathetic, supportive doctor.)