Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Act III in "The deployment insanity and the desperate housewives it creates"

I think I'm over this blog. I have no desire to write in it at all. This is probably mostly due to the second funeral I'll be attending this week. From what I hear, it's true that only the good die young.

What I should have done is be anonymous, then you'd REALLY know what I thought about this deployment and how it really feels.

Now for streams of conciousness...

I've also idealized my relationship. All you think about is getting your soldier home alive, until the end, when you start thinking about life afterwards. Our relationship is not perfect. Maybe it's good enough to last forever, but when you set yourself up to think that you'll overlook the "small" things because he/she is home alive, you're wrong. You'll start thinking about them again. Not as much, but they are there. Then you're confused as to how you can be thinking about all the old nuances of the relationship when they're not actually home safely yet.

Plus I've become a royal bitch. I walked out of my son's pediatricians office after waiting for over an hour for an appt. On my way I stopped at the counter and kindly, but firmly said, "I just want you to know that I'm leaving. I've been waiting for over an hour for Dr. X. You guys do this all the time. Making customers wait for 30, 40 and 60 minutes when they have an appt is bad service - and we are customers. You tell Dr. X that we're gone and we're not coming back." I shove the glass door open and stomp off to my car. My son never even was seen. So today, I go to the new Dr. He's nice. He's Jewish and recognizes Asher's name. His office is in an exam room. He asks about Asher's birthing history, full term? weight? normal pregnancy? yes, 7.7 lbs and yes. He asks why I switched and I tell him. He knows the docs at our old place. He offers a defense for them, "Pediatrics is unpredictable, long appointments, etc." I say, my other son is seven, we've been doing this for long enough to know what we should expect. My time is valuable (can you see I'm still pissed?) You know what he does? He shakes my hand and says, "Well, we'll be sure to go above and beyond for you. But please let me know if you have a problem. We want to try and solve it." Sold! We have a new doctor.

And I lash out at everyone in my head. You see I've tried to tame my tounge, but in my head the conversation is downright vitriolic. I have to step back and say, ok, calm the heck down!!! It's just a cookie!!! or whatever. And for some reason, I really want to smoke! I never smoke. I hate cigarrettes. I also have a strong desire to shoot a gun (at a target, people). I need to channel all this anger and frustration and what better than a speeding bullet? And if you're getting ready to prescribe the usual excercise, eat well and sleep. Well, I do that, except the sleeping part. I run, I swim, I chase my kids around and I eat at least a good dinner every day. Sleep is just impossible when you're body still expects another warm body to be in the bed when you get there.

9 comments:

Antek said...

Wow, I am sorry that you are in a bad mood, you are one of my favorite bloggers and I don't want to see you stop writing. I truly hope all gets better for you because I think you are a really nice person.

in other news:

Mr Silverblood preferred a bit of anonimity so he changed his blogger address. As of now I have his correct link, but if he wants me to take it down I will do so. Check it now while it is still up there.

nicole said...

Yes I can completely understand...well maybe not COMPLETELY because I am not you but you are right and realistic in saying that having your husband home won't stop you from arguing and bickering over the small stuff. But that's your little piece of normal-dom that will return and may even be a little heart warming. I remember the funerals and always will. It don't think it ever gets easier but you're a strong woman and you'll survive. I'll be thinking of you and cheering you on. :)

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

If you do stop blogging, please send me your email address so we can chat via email. I want to make sure everything is OK. suburbanjoe - at - gmail - dot - com.

Silver said...

MQ, I hope you really don't stop blogging. I stop here each and everyday. Like my buddy Suburban Joe says, please e-mail me too.
mrsilverblood - at - charter - dot - net.

And yeah, like the Captain says, I changed my blog URL.
http://of-rain-and-ash.blogspot.com

Amazing how a blog can bring people together, and make us care about what happens to the other.

Heather Hansen said...

I'm sorry. :(

There's no words I can offer you. I wish we lived close by - I'd watch your kids and let you sleep.

I'm putting you on my prayer list.

Household6 said...

Oh the joys of deployment stress. I've been there and then I told a man that by double parking behind me while he watched me get into my car, start the engine but still leave his car there was why he MADE me hit him. Yes according to me in my mind he made me do it by double parking behind me. I tried to fit but it just didn't work and I backed into his car.

Please don't stop blogging, anon. or not you can still use blogging as a release otherwise you may find yourself telling a guy how you had to run into his car because he double parked behind you!

HH6

CALIAPHI-at-AOL-dot-COM

Antek said...

I feel bad for not thinking about this before, my email is:

captcrash31@earthlink.net

MQ said...

I'm sincerely touched by all your comments. I am back from the funeral today and I was so busy tending to the reception replenishing food, greeting people, etc that I came home with a massive headache and now I'm eating bbq hot wings, pizza, cheese bread and Sprite. I should be in a coma tomorrow LOL! Seriously though don't worry about me, pray for the ones who lost their soldier. They need it more than I do.

Jess Riley said...

So sorry to hear about how things are going & how you're feeling. I wish I could help in some way-just know that your friends out here in "blogland" are thinking of you. Take care.