Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Whew. What a difference a year makes. Last Christmas we were surrounded by snow in northeastern PA. Asher was just one and we had the WORST Night with the R's in history. Night with the R's is a tradition from Terry's family (everyone knows my family has no traditions). Each Christmas Eve we basically drink a lot and make fools of ourselves with songs, dances, poems such as "Dingle Balls" and other celebratory revelry. Now that the children outnumber the adults we mostly watch them. For example one year Gabe did a scene from Star Wars with Terry. One of the kids did a strip show when she was not quite one. That was cute but strange. Terry and I did "You're the one that I want" from Grease. That was a great year. Asher was born on Thanksgiving but that didn't get me out of an incredible Karaoke rendition of Billie Jean. Correction. Me as, Terry, as Michael Jackson singing Bille Jean. I have to say I felt pretty good dancing around making fun of my husband only four weeks postpartum.

This year, Terry called tonight to put on a smiley face for the boys even though he is totally distraught about missing Christmas with us. I took my brother and sister to DC to show them the sights. They'll be visiting me until Jan 4. I haven't decided whether or not to go out on New Year's since I have free babysitting though, hmm...

A blue Christmas without Terry

but happy with the boys (that's a Star Wars Tree you're looking at)


My sister in front of the DC Christmas tree


Today's shots; experimenting with black and white.

Ash

Gabe

Us in DC



A very, Terry Christmas


Christmas in Iraq

Christmas in Iraq

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am glad to hear that your Christmas is going well, even if it is not the best one you've had. I was thinking about the night at the R's last night, probably because we were at my mom's and some of the family members had too much to drink... hehe. You know how that goes. Anyway, I miss you, too, and hope you have an awesome visit with the sibs. Give Gabe and Asher a kiss for us!

xoxo,
me

PS: I LOVE the b-w shots!