Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas around the world

Yesterday was not your Norman Rockwell rendition of Christmas, but it was an American snapshot nonetheless. Me, my boys, my brother and sister and Shannon celebrated Christmas together here on the East Coast. Three thousand miles west you would have found my mom and step-dad packing my OTHER two brothers off to my sister's house. And Terry of course was in Iraq. I have a sister in law in the Netherlands (working as a lawyer for The Hague, very proud of her!) Family in CO, WA, CA, and New Zealand... It's mostly through Terry's fam that we're spread all over the globe.

But we did have a bit of Rockwell in my house. We had tea and scones, ate off china and sat in front of a roaring Duraflame log fire. Thanks to Shannon's entertaining skills we actually had a beautiful day.

I've decided to start my New Year's resolution now. Running and writing. That's it folks. I actually drug my still-stuffed stomach out of bed this morning and ran on the treadmill. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. So I plan to do it again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I checked out that link you sent me. From there I clicked on a couple of the commentators, and all I can say is, SHEESH, I would never have the energy to keep up with those folks! I just don't care about fame and fortune that much, I guess. Plus some of the "brilliant" writing really sucked, which cracks me up. I really think it's all about discipline, which has been in short supply for me these last three or four years. ;-) Glad your holidays were as merry as they could be. xo, me

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas R's! We thought of you alot on Christmas and I shared the cheesecake for dessert. The family got a kick out of the Nick and Jessica story, the good parts, like the bet. :o)
I hope all is well with you. I am packing up Buddy and heading to Idaho for New Years. Marc is working, a little sad about that, so I am chasing snow. We are heading to Ken's moms house. Remember that place? I am hoping there is some snow so that we can go snowmobiling.
I hope all is well. Say hi to the family including your brother and sister.
Have a Happy New Year!
Love,
Carrie

MQ said...

Thanks Carrie! This WILL be the year of the Cheesecake :) I hope you get lots of snow. I also hope a package arrives from a certain dessert store (wink, wink) by the time Terry comes home on leave
;)
M
Anyone wanna put their desserts on Holmes v. Cruise?

Anonymous said...

I just checked out you site and I LOVE it. Your boys are so cute. I like seeing other families that are just like mine as well. I hope the New Year brings you much joy and brings your husband home to you!!

Anonymous said...

nah, man. I have complete faith in Holmes vs. Cruise. Match made in Scientology Heaven. Where I would start putting desserts on the line is Brit and K-Fed. By the way, check out his latest single on yahoo music. If that won't break up the marriage in three weeks, I don't know what will...
C