Thursday, November 17, 2005

"I was in the pool!"

I just had to say that because I watched that clip from Seinfeld.

I'm fascinated by my blog friends that love video games. I just don't get it. I wish I did, my husband and I would probably have a better marriage!!! We have played the occasional Tetris Worlds, but I can't get into the gaming thing. I used to love that 007 game but after I realized I can't shoot straight, I lost my drive.

My son, for all his genius, is quickly becoming addicted too. So much that even my husband had to admit we needed to wean him off the Xbox. Like HE should talk. When Terry was in law school, he, a friend, and a law professor actually played Xbox together at the law school on the massive projector screens there. I just stared at him like, "That's what a $90K education gets you? Cool screens to play Xbox on?" Ugh.

What's my weakness? Guilty pleasures like Desp. Housewives is a vice I suppose. Chocolate would definitely be one. But if I could take say, a month off to do anything I wanted, I think I would read. I know I'm such a geek, but I never get a solid block of time to get totally lost in a book. Asher needs a diaper change, Asher fell down the stairs, Gabe needs a microscopic Star Wars Lego guy's arm reattached, both boys want food...they're so demanding! Seriously though, Marie gets props from me for single parenting - it's exhausting!

Well, I just hope the 360 plays DVDs better. That's all I use it for....

3 comments:

Silver said...

Cheers to capturing a 360! I too will be waiting long hours in front of my local Target. It'll be worth it though.

Best part is, it comes with Xbox Live Silver for free. So you can create a gamertag, start a friends list, and play Live with us...all for free.

The social aspect of Live makes me want to play games more often. Never had that with other consoles because there's never been a console service like Xbox Live.

Seriously, let me know what games you plan on getting, and let me know if you create a gamertag.

MQ said...

sorry to ruin the vision, but we don't have one yet! I may have mislead you on that..my husband WANTS one and plans to purchase it but I had no idea that it would be hard to get..yikes! I'll let him know you're interested in playing with him though. That sounded weird...:)

Antek said...

COME ON, join us and play online, it rocks and BTW Dave I also will be waiting for massive amounts of hours in to cold to get my 360 also. The only thing that would make it better is if Monique here joined us in the lunacy