Wednesday, November 16, 2005

BCG's and other Army acronyms

Ok this is so funny. Almost ten years into my relationship with my husband and the Army, I'm still learning new terms. My favorite was the BCG's - birth control glasses. Wikipedia gives this definition: Birth Control Glasses/Goggles. This acronym refers to the standard issue glasses. The acronym is based on the fact that no one has ever "gotten lucky" while wearing them.

Little did I know that my husband, who dubbed my old baby blue, 80 something Dodge Aries (hey, I paid cash for it after I totalled my Celebrity) the Blue Falcon, was insulting me all this time:

Blue Falcon - "buddy f*****r" or "buddy f***," someone or something that screws others over.

LMAO!!!

Tell me if you can guess the meaning of these - NO GOOGLING! ;)

DILLIGAF
FIDO
SUSFA
SNAFU

Hint: they all include the F-word, which my husband tells me is an adjective when he is in uniform :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know SNAFU is "something-something all f*cked up". That is hilarious about the blue falcon, though!

Anonymous said...

Ok, girl, are you going to tell us what these things stand for??? Or do we have to sneak and google....

MQ said...

Well, I can see I have many readers who are dying to know what these mean :)

DILLIGAF - "do I look like a give a ____"
FIDO - "____it, drive on"
SNAFU - "Situation normal, all _____ up"
SUSFA – "Situation unchanged, still _____ up"