Sunday, November 20, 2005

Deployment soundtrack

So for Christmas I made Terry a CD. It's the soundtrack to our lives up to this deployment. They're all songs that say what I want to say to him or what he might say to me. I put them in the order of meeting, falling in love, saying goodbye and reuniting..

Love at First Sight Kylie Minogue
Crazy for This Girl (Acoustic Version) Evan & Jaron
Brown Eyed Girl Van Morrison
Just the Girl The Click Five
Can't Help Falling in Love Elvis Presley
Kiss Me Sixpence None the Richer
Your Body Is a Wonderland John Mayer
Wink and a Smile Harry Connick, Jr.
If I Ain't Got You Alicia Keys
A Kiss to Build a Dream On Louis Armstrong
I Got a Woman Ray Charles
Here Without You 3 Doors Down
Days Go By (Acoustic) Dirty Vegas
Ain't No Sunshine Bill Withers
Come Away With Me Norah Jones
Cowboy Take Me Away Dixie Chicks
Return to Me Dean Martin
You've Got a Way Shania Twain

As you can see it's a good mix of everything. I'm sure I missed a lot of great "i love you, I miss you songs" but I like how it turned out. He already knows about it so I can post it here ;)

I downloaded iTunes to buy some of these songs, and I have to say this app is amazing! I only use Quicktime because my digital camera takes video that only plays on Quicktime, but usually I use Microsoft products. After using iTunes I am ready to buy and iPod! Seriously it's so easy to use and even the download and sign up was easy. Plus, they have just about every song you could imagine. But I was bummed that a couple of songs (Crash into me, Dave Matthews and Days Go By (the other version), Dirty Vegas) could only be purchased if you bought the entire album.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it! What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not one for sap, but this is a special case, methinks. I particularly liked the inclusion of "Your Body is a Wonderland," hehehehehe. In the chronology, was that pre- or post-Gabe??

Useless trivia: did you know that John Mayer wrote that song about Jenifer Love Hewitt? Ick!

MQ said...

LOL. Yes this is quite sappy I suppose ;) And I'm not one to do this normally either but it's a unique gift don't you think? And I plead the fifth on the Body is a Wonderland song ;0)

ditto on the ick factor.

Anonymous said...

Well, ok, but I suspect "What Child Is This" should come after the John Mayer tune. Hehehehehe. Hope you have a nice T-day planned. Are you cooking (of course not) or visiting?

MQ said...

Oh, you know me so well! I never cook! I've been blessed with friends who love to cook and a LTC who invited me over for Thanksgiving this year, so I don't have to clean either! :0)

And after "What child..." would be "Nice day for a white wedding" ahahahaahhaha. I crack myself up.

Anonymous said...

Ick! Are you two crazy? JLH's body is a marvel of medical science! John Mayer is not only a great singer-songwriter, but he obviously knows she broke the mold. Michelangelo could not created a more perfect body. I just can't imagine why you two feel the ick factor. What gives?

Anonymous said...

I think the only "mold" she broke was the 38GG one. ;-)

MQ said...

LMAO!

Anonymous said...

38GG....God bless her!