Friday, October 28, 2005

Run Forrest, Run



I haven't run in three months. I ran three times this week. I am becoming my own cause.

I'm approaching the idea of running another half marathon. The marathon died when Terry was deployed. I just couldn't muster up the motivation to train as a single parent. But I'm thinking I already ran a half so it's not like this big foreign thing. (I did it in pretty good time too way back then, ummm, about three years ago.) So we'll see, but if I suddenly crap out, it's up to you, my faithful friends to remind me of these reasons to keep training:

Reason #1 I'm not getting any younger.
Reason #2 I could barely get up last night after doing that thing where your sitting on your knees and lay back, with your legs still tucked under you ( a moment of exasperation with Asher who was flooding the bathroom with his swimming techniques). Yeah. I thought I injured myself.
Reason #3 Endorphins to prevent depression.
Reason #4 Not to become a fat slob while Terry is gone.
Reason #5 Make exercising a habit, not a quick weight loss fix
Reason #6 More energy to keep up with my kids
Reason #7 I'm convinced it helps my skin glow
Reason #8 Tone up the legs
Reason #9 Less likely to eat junk that makes me sluggish
Reason #10 Set an example for my kids
Reason #11 Make it the half way point to training for the FULL marathon, which I am determined to do.

So there you have it folks. Right now, I can barely run more than a mile. Ugh. This is down from the four miles I was doing regularly just a few months ago....sigh. Ok shake it off, get over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason # 12 your husband is working out like crazy to be a sexy beast when he gets home - I must show him up.

Silver said...

All excellent reasons, because your sense of well being increases. Do for the sake of the enjoyment you get from it, and the lasting benefits through life.

Heather and I have on the Bowflex for 7 weeks solid, but faultered at 8 weeks, and realized we needed a routine change. We did it, and it worked. But the main motivation is weight loss, stamina, and life long health.

Remember, America is a fat nation. Let's not become a statistic. :-)