Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Birthdays

Yesterday was my birthday. I will not say how old I was but I'm still under 30 so I'm not too depressed yet. I realized that I've rarely had a big celebration and I plan to have a big bash for my 30th, whenever that year is...;)

I didn't do anything special except shop, watch a movie and have dinner with a couple of friends, which I guess is pretty special for me! I had an entire day off from being a mom/housecleaner/nosewiper/homework helper/cook. That was pretty awesome! I had to fight depression though because I've been consumed by fears of avian bird flu and the war in Iraq. Terry's been safe, but I don't know, I just have been worried lately. I guess I just really miss him. I'm mostly worried about tha bird flu thing - that really FREAKS me out. And my pediatrician (Asher had to go in for an ear infection and a flu shot with Gabe. Two separate visits) said that they're freaked out too. Great. I feel so much better.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need professional help with all this worrying and inability to relax even on my birthday. I can't seem to figure out what the hell I want. I was indecisive about what I wanted to do with a day of freedom and like I said, ended up at the mall with my friend. I suppose that was ok, but jeez, I had such little imagination that I couldn't go anywhere except the mall????? Ugh. I hope this is all due to the deployment and not just the crazy person I'm becoming as a stay at home mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nahh. you did the right thing on your birthday. Me, on the other hand went to work for a full day of labor-intensive work. Followed up with dinner with my bf and parents. But stop stressing and maybe find someone to talk with. It will help with some of the anxiety you are probably going through. Love ya! Happy Birthday!

MQ said...

My anonymous twin is my eternal optimist. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, woman! And I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. The world is just crazy right now and you are smack in the middle of it. If it makes you feel any better, whenever *I* get a free day, I don't do anything but exercise obsessively and sleep! At least you put on make-up and got out of the house! (I hope you bought yourself something lovely, too.)

xo,me

Antek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Its nice to get a day off but unfortunately anxiety does not punch out on a time clock to take a break... its normal to feel anxious, just try to hang in there. :-)