Friday, October 21, 2005

My portion

7Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.
Proverbs 30:7-9
I needed this verse last night. Without divulging sensitive information, Terry's had a rough 48 hours. I feel like death is all around him and all we can do is ask for enough strength to get through the day. Wake up, breathe in, breathe out, force a step, force some food down our throats, do our jobs and hope for thoughtless sleep. I, of course only can imagine what his thoughts are right now, the anger and frustration he feels at seeing people die, whether he knows them or not. And I feel quite helpless. Some have said he shouldn't call me, but I want him to. He calls me because besides being his wife, I am his friend. Anyway, today we just need our portion, get him through the days ahead and bring him home safely!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so saddend to hear this news. Terry, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe, stay safe. We look forward to having you home soon-- as soon as soon can be.
--The anonymous twin

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you both at this terrible time. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you both very much, Marie

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers!