Monday, August 15, 2005

How Bush comforts grieving families

How appropriate that I would read this article? This puts a human face on him if there ever was...

"Before Bush left the meeting, he paused in the middle of the room and said to the families, 'I will never feel the same level of pain and loss you do. I didn't lose anyone close to me, a member of my family or someone that I love. But I want you to know that I didn't go into this lightly. This was a decision that I struggle with every day.'

As he spoke, Ascione could see the grief rising through the president's body. His shoulder slumped and his face turned ashen. He began to cry and his voice choked. He paused, tried to regain his composure and looked around the room. "I am sorry, I'm so sorry," he said."

Read the whole article... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8941525/site/newsweek/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bush does not want to talk to anyone that does not agree with him. Bush should be impeached for this war. Someone has to be held accountable for this tragic misstake!!!

ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY FORT BRAGG, NC