Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Happy Anniversary to me and Terry

Today is our anniversary. I forgot. I thought about it everyday until today and Terry called and was a little nervous about this convoy trip and everything and said, "Happy Anniversary" with as much happiness he could muster and I thought, " Oh my gosh, it's today!" I guess I put it out of my mind because I didn't want to be sad about it. Well, damn it here I am sad about it, but insightful too. We've been together for almost a decade. That's more than a third of my entire life that I have spent with one man. That's a longer relationship than any father figure I've ever had! What's the average marraige like five years? I think Terry and I have beat almost every odd out there, children first, broke, law school, and now deployment, which I'm pretty sure we'll get through :) Anyway, I was just thinking about how much we've both grown up. How I used to be a little sad that we had to deal with so much responsibility so young but how incredible it is that I've watched Terry change and become the person he will be. I got to see it all. He got to see me grow and change too. It's not always a bad thing that people change. I mean it seems that is the reason for many divorces (not judging here, just observing) that people change and grow apart. I don't think we had any secret trick, but for some reason we sort of grew together. Then again, I see us through rose colored glasses right now or Birth Control Glasses if you seen the pictures. I told him he'd be home in no time, bickering with me like we usually do when there's nothing stressful going on. That should get him fired up. ;)

No comments: