Thursday, May 19, 2005

Long time gone

Is anyone out there? cricket cricket

I wrote a beautiful message the other day and thanks to the wonders of technology - it was deleted. I've been too angry to write again until today. But the protest is over and here I am. Today, Gabe and I saw Star Wars Episode III. I damn near cried. It was actually pretty emotionally heartwrenching at some points, painfully cheesy at others, and R2-D2 may have a future as a comedian. I think George Lucas redeemed himself. Good thing. Millions of adults stuck in 1977 Star Wars bliss were going to attackhis house with sawed off light sabers if this movie was not at least BETTER than Episode II.

The other day I read a news article comparing III to the war in Iraq. (Bush is the evil Emperor waging a fake war to gain power while tearing down Democracy as we know it. "So this is how Democracy ends, to thunderous applause," says Padme. - apparently) And Lucas is the new Michael Moore. I guess he stoked that firey debate a little because he wasn't getting enough publcity from fast food kids meals, cereal boxes, Slurpies, potato chips, soft drinks, cell phones, and little boys like mine having light saber duals in their front yards. The only political lesson that should be learned from III is how to bring people together. That movie theater room was the only place in the D.C. area where you would find people who watch Jeff Foxworthy laughing along with fans of 50 Cent.

Terry is sounding more like he is adjusting to his new reality. Today he called frantic for new boots. His feet are blistering up and he already lived that hell at Air Assault school last month. Other than that, we only get to talk for a few minutes before the cell phone cuts out. Damn Sprint I hate those people! I can't even say how much ca-ching we have pumped into that telecom machine and in return we get to reenact Verizon's commercials for 15 mintues "Can you hear me now?"

We went swimming today. Asher loves bath time, but is apprehensive in the big pool. Gabe is trying very hard but not quite comfy in the water either. He burns 500 calories just treading water for 10 seconds, he's so nervous and excited.

I've started a website for the guys of D company. www.geocities.com/delta3318 It's a work in progress so be nice.

No comments: