Saturday, May 21, 2005

Random thoughts

I'm trying out morning writing for a change. I usually end up with streams of consciousness when I write at night as you may have noticed. Speaking of consciousness, I had another high school reunion dream last night. It was me, Terry and 1Sgt Kubic (I suppose he made it into my dream because he is Terry's other wife) and we were all saying goodbye before they left for Iraq. We had to swim to the location where they would leave from, so we jumped in fully clothed. Meanwhile, my high school reunion was getting underway. I say goodbye to the guys and swim back to the hotel where the party is happening. I show up soaking wet and ask if there is a mall nearby where I can buy some clothes. Also, I didn't pre-pay and now I can't get in at all. I'm really pissed off and pull out the "my husband is fighting a war" card, but to no avail. They WILL NOT let me in the reunion. So I sneak in with my friends and find that hardly anyone showed up and so I go shopping in the hotel where scarves (I actually look at a price tag in my dream, how weird is that?) are $400. LOL, I crack myself up sometimes!

Like I said, that was my second reunion dream. The first was your typical "no one remembers me" dream. That was actually really disturbing I guess because it's so close to reality!! No, no, really, I know it's hard to believe but I was not the popular social butterfly you all know me as now. I was only asked to a dance ONCE and was forced to ask the boy every other time. In fact, I had at least one enemy every year of high school, one who went so far as to take a swing at me (the only person to slap me into stunned silence) but for some reason it didn't really mar the experience - although I certainly wouldn't do it again. If I did, I would only be more nerdy so I could be MORE successful today :)

I've been failing miserably at my attempt to create a visual documentation of our day for all you who care so much about what a single mom and her two rambunctious boys do all day long. I'm resorting to splicing days together to come up with a summary. I never have my camera around to get the good stuff (like right now, me writing in a ratty t-shirt and underwear - you know you look like that on Saturday mornings too!!) Asher is sending Gabe into fits of rage by turning off the Xbox while he is playing ObiWan. Gabe is reacting deliciously in Asher's view. What's more fun than sending your big brother into hysterics? Oh, update, Asher just moved on to the treadmill where - what is that I hear - a switch? THE switch. The power switch to the treadmill. AHA! I have solved the mystery of the broken treadmill. (Some background: the last two times I have mustered up the energy to run, the darn thing was mysteriously broken. After ten minutes of muttering and fiddling with the outlet I finally saw the on/off switch was off but couldn't figure out how the heck it got pushed. I thought it was God telling me I didn't need to work out - I am fabulous just as I am)

Terry sounded good yesterday. They got a break from all the training, which I was so glad to hear, but again, thanks to crappy cell coverage I only heard:

"Monique?...break.......tired.....boots.....send
quickly....love...miss.... (expletive) coverage sucks!"
click.


I think cursing is actually listed on the LES (leave and earnings statement) as an active duty benefit. You're in the Army now BABY!

Ok agenda for today:
send Terry his boots
get dressed
take tube of yellow paint from Asher's mouth
gather and discard all 100 deadly marbles that Asher has strewn around the house
convince Gabe to write and read for 15 solid minutes
find a sewing machine (so I can complete my transformation to domestic goddess) at the community yard sale I was supposed to participate in but looked at my one, sad bag of children's clothes and decided to give them to the local church instead

Have a fab day.

No comments: