Thursday, September 13, 2007

You know, just because I don't take the time to write anything cool doesn't mean I'm gone :) In fact, I've written three posts that never made it to "live." I thought it would help to tell you about what my days are like.

Gabe started soccer and is in the middle of TKD tournaments. He ROCKS at sparring. Seriously he is amazing. He was MVP for the meet last time. But soccer is another story. We went to his first practice and he was on the verge of tears. "I feel like I'm the worst player," he sniffed. But he didn't want to quit, so I was really proud of him. He is focusing on having fun at the games, but I have to admit that I am nervous for him. The other boys really are good and I just don't want him to feel badly about himself. So, those activities take about 4-5 nights a week.

Then, I have my freelance writing gig. I'm writing monthly for a magazine that some of you mil spouses are familiar with I hope! It's pretty exciting and I'm learning about a lot of other mil spouses who write as well (and get paid!). That, in addition to working, takes most of my time.

Weekends have proven to be rarely relaxing, but always fun. Last weekend we went to a wine tasting at a friends' house where we got into, what else, politics and the war. Me, my husband and a surprisingly articulate 24 year old kid monopolized the conversation, which I normally don't do because I hate talking about politics when I'm trying to have fun and forget. But this time I found myself drawn in. I didn't realize how much I know about the war until my husband turned to me surprised and was like, you're really getting into this! I wasn't "into it" I just can't hold my tongue. So, anyway, it's night with friends, then church, then household chores. This Saturday Gabe has TKD tourney at 1, soccer at 3, then I'm off to a party at 7.

Meanwhile Terry is back at school, pursuing an LLM, working and delusional to think he is going to run the MCM. Fridays roll around like pennies in those funnels you see in the mall. I'm probably the only person who enjoys Mondays. That's when I don't work and Asher and I get to spend some real quality time together.

I hope you are all well, I check all your blogs often :). I will eventually go private, so if you want to have permission to read please write me.

1 comment:

julie anna said...

I'm still here :) I hope you let me keep reading. I don't blog to often, or even get online much anymore but I still keep my blog friends in my thoughts! I didn't know you traveled to Seattle- I love it there. I miss 'home' alot now that we live in TX.