Sunday, May 20, 2007

What's been going on


Well, I met the prez. Again :) in the east wing for mil spouse appreciation day event. He is not my favorite person, but he's still the most powerful man in the free world.

Outside of that, we've just been working on our house. I don't have a before, but here is an after in the main living:




Before Bath:




After Bath:







Those are the two big projects. And my husband, if we were talking in person, would interrupt at this point to say he did it all himself. :) Then we found these awesome panels for the, I-don't-know-what-to-call-it-room, off the kitchen. But you'll have to wait until we get the sheer, and double hanging rods up to see them :) Oh, and the fridge I'm in love with: (preview of the pretty curtains. And Ash)

Gabe also took SECOND place at his first tournament for the individual sparring portion this weekend!!
Terry also got a new job. He'll finally be trying cases instead of just writing :)
Life is good.

6 comments:

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Very nice! I love the hardware in the bathroom.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

It looks great Monique. I have been doing a little painting myself. You can view them on my xanga. Hope you have a great week. Congrats on being a homeowner or shall I say home mortgage payer!
Love, MaryAnn

Nicole said...

Oooohh...I love the red! I've often considered getting bold and painting at least one room that color and maybe you've inspired me. :)

Household6 said...

The house is looking great! You are one pretty lady there standing next to the CIC.

I umm, tagged you I hope you don't mind nor kill me much.

Candace April said...

I followed here from HH6's tag (I had tagged her). Your bathroom looks BEAYOOTIFUL. My hub is about to get out of active duty soon, and I am looking forward to really, truly decorating.

julie anna said...

I love your decorating style, especially the red :)

You met the Prez AGAIN? Wow...I'm curious if he remembered you?

Hope you can write more often. You are entertaining and have some refreshing views on life. Keep it up!