Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A dearth of One interesting blog topics

Correction - This is worth mentioning Basic trainees carry legacy of Vietnam vets

I have nothing interesting to write about. Here are my options and none of them are appealing enough to spend brainpower on, tell me what you think:

  • My broken vaccum cleaner and the anguish I go through in deciding whether to repair or replace.
  • How tired I am of driving everyday to Gabe's swimming lessons, but how happy I am to see him enjoy and challenge himself.
  • My perpetually filthy house and why I will have to hire help when we get a bigger place.
  • The 10 mile run that have not been training for and must either start training for, give my spot to someone else, or eat $50.
  • The diet I am (sort of) following and how after doing it for a couple of days my body rejected my favorite indulgence - nachos - and now my brain says no and my body says yes to more of them...er, something like that.

See, nothing exactly compelling...sigh. You know what that means? Pictures


This isn't Terry ( I don't think, that's not his wedding band), but it's a cool picture I found on my harddrive.

The day he left for war. If we knew what the next 15 months would hold, we would not have been smiling...strange to look back at what you thought you would think, do, feel during a deployment when you'd never been through one before. "It's only a year and a half. 15 is a small number, more than a dozen, less than 20. We'll just watch a lot of movies. He'll sit on a base and train Iraqis from the comfort of an air conditioned room. He won't have to travel. He'll be one of those guys on the news swimming in one of Saddams old pools." Right. But you know what? We're 27 days from over and his body and mind is pretty much whole. That's something to be glad for.


Back in the days of tank commanding. I think he wishes he would have remained in that branch...


One of my absolute favorites of me and Gabe when he was about 2 (self portrait)
And my fav of Ash...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a work-related golf tournament to get to in a few hours, so I'll be brief:

1. Husband in Iraq or anguish over a...did you say vacuum cleaner? Hmm...wow...that's a toughie! Make a command decision and get a new one.

2. Imagine the guilt of a parent who has lost a child to drowning because they were too tired to drive them to swimming lessons. Although swimming is both challenging and fun for the kids, they are secondary to the essential reason for learning to swim....survival in the water!

3. Why should I hire a houekeeper? I paid cash for my mansion. My Bentley is an '04, but it will last another year or so. My summer villa in Spain does have 14 bedrooms, so I can always rent one out, and my daughter's college education is completely funded, as well as my retirement. Did I mention my student loans were paid off? Everyday I pray for world peace, but I distinctly remember Mick Jagger singing something or other about this very topic.

4. Give your spot away. And, unless you resemble the lying bastard who wrote response # 3 above, don't throw the money away.

5. Just read the paragraph on the bag under ingredients which tells you how essential each of those chips is for your survival.

Anonymous said...

Above comment by WPJ.

P.S. I'm currently accepting applications for domestic servants at my homes both here and abroad. Veteran's preference always!

Anonymous said...

Your humor does not translate well on the screen

ditzymoi said...

I loved your pictures ... very cute baby!! and for what its worth ...I think you should get the new vaccum, buy a new cd for the ride to the swimming pool and then put it on your ipod so you can run to it and practice for the run :) ohhh and last but not least, find a new favorite food indulgence