Sunday, May 07, 2006

Deployment anniversary

Exactly one year ago Terry reported for his deployment. And I started this blog. I wish I could think of something beautiful to write, but 365 days of single parenting, worrying and counting days has kind of taken it out of me :)

I will say that it's strange to find that I made my life "normal" through it all.Today is a good example. It didn't even dawn on me that today was the one year mark until we were on the way home from the baseball game.

Today was Little League day at the Major Leagues. Gabe had a blast! We got to walk the perimeter of the field and have our LL division announced before the game and then he ran the bases (with about 10,000 other rugrats) after the game. We had only two other team mates show up but it was so much fun anyway. I got to speak with another human being who was not under the age of ten, which is always good, and thanks to my neighbor I didn't have to chase Asher all over the stadium, which was even better! I was bummed to miss SIX of Terry's calls though. With all the noise in the stadium I didn't even hear the cell jingle. :( I hope he reads this and knows that I'm not dead or anything!


On the big league grass


What's baseball without cotton candy?



running the bases

Random thought: Did you know that baseball games draw an incredibly diverse crowd? I saw a woman in very chic jeans, a cute, white top perfectly draped in a black pashmina, all perched on a pair of trendy wedges. And then I saw a man with a beer belly in cut off jeans and a wife beater. Now if that isn't a PR ad for affirmative action (and Extreme Makeover) I don't know what is.


Super Asher


And tonight feels particularly strange because my "wife" is going to see her husband on leave in Germany and she is not here for our Sunday night DH, Grey's line up :(

Got a busy week coming up...so it may be a while before I write again. But it's awesome to know that we're almost done with this incredible journey.

No comments: