Monday, March 20, 2006

Three years of war, ten months spent missing our soldier

...and 150 days left to go.


I started this blog to document our life while Terry is deployed to Iraq and the messages have strayed a bit because, well, no one, including me, wants to hear me pining away for my man everyday : )

But it's time to share this photo. It's from my friend who took some incredible pictures of us when we said goodbye last time. He was home on leave for two weeks. That was in Feb, but feels like a hundred years ago. This one always makes me catch my breath a little. Asher knows something is up and Gabey didn't really know what to do with his emotions that day I don't think. I went home and slept for four or five hours after that.

We saw him on web cam last night and he looked so good, but said he had a mission coming up. I hate hearing that, but I guess I want to know at the same time. He just looked so good and we all had a good time talking to him, made us remember what we miss the most about having daddy around; fun family times.

I'm missing him alot today on this, the third year anniversary of the war in Iraq.

7 comments:

Jess Riley said...

*hugs* Those are beautiful pictures. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and your husband as he leaves on his mission.

Stay strong.

nicole said...

Oh sheesh...now I'm teary eyed :) Those are keepers.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Anything you need, we're all here for you.

Silver said...

Powerful. I can see the pain in those pictures. I hope he comes home to you safe. We're all pulling for you MQ!

Household6 said...

Very nice! It makes me want to home and hug my own man....*sniff*

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

God bless you. Praying for his safe return--what a wonderful day that would be! Less than 150 days!