Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Home for now






It's not for good, but he's home for now. I'm taking the time to write while he is escaping his reality with some American Idol reality - there's irony in there somewhere considering his American reality is as raw as the war wounds in his head and heart, and Idol is so far from ANYONE's reality. He walked out of the room when I watched one of my "reality" shows because he just can't stomach the people who breakdown into tears because they just spilled their latte and the last time he cried was thinking about his soldiers in arms who didn't make it home to their families, will never experience the love of a partner, or even go to college. He makes the exception for Idol because it never fails to entertain and doesn't take itself too seriously.

**we interrupt this blog to bring you the new title to "Skating with celebrities" - "Skating with people you may have seen on Hollywood Squares, E True Hollywood Story or, Where are they now?"

Anyway. We spent the first 72 hours at home, relaxing eating, and celebrating a belated Christmas. It was perfect. The days lulled by like a lazy summer day. We had our first day out today. Gabe went to school, Asher to daycare, we drank too much coffee and did a lot of free reading at the bookstore. Then we stocked up on beer ('cause while we went on cruise control through the past three days, we plowed through a whoooolleee lottta beeer! - and by we I mean for every one I drank, Terry had four) So, fully stocked on beer, malt liquor and Sangria mix, we plan to relax again tomorrow :) Aaaaagggggggggghhhh. Loving life right now. Never want it to end...

but I know it has to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are having such a great time. The boys must be so excited!! And I actually watched "American Idol" for the first time this week; I was really horrified at the things people will do to be on television! The funniest part was when they asked the super-tanned girl's mother to come back so they could see the chick's "inspiration." LOL

Redneck Publius said...

Tell Terry I said "welcome home". I hope you guys have a great time.

Remember that change is a necessary part of life. The things Terry experienced will make him and more solid person in the long run...even though it may not seem like that to you now.

Drink a beer for me.

Cheers,
TBone

Heidi said...

ENJOY each and every minute and tons of photos! Sangria . . . I love that! Did I say to enjoy your time with your husband . . . I know the kids must be thrilled! I hope time stands still for the next week. Tell him thanks for what he is doing!

Jess Riley said...

Your family is so adorable! Have a wonderful time together.