Sunday, December 04, 2005

The holidays are upon us!


Our Christmas Card

So this will be our Christmas card this year. I don't even usually do them, but I don't feel like making out dozens and dozens of handwritten cards. I'll do a few because I ordered them from the American Brain Tumor Association, in honor of my mom, so I want to use them. But I like to send pictures of the boys to my family in CA that I don't see often. I took probably 15 shots to get this one and then I still edited it. I got these shirts in the mail from Terry the day I took the photos. He also sent me a dress, which I had to laugh at because I immediately thought of my Indian neighbor. And he sent a CD with 400, yes that's four-zero-zero, photos on it! I also got a bunch of video. Mostly random stuff, but some of my favorite clips were the Booger Documentary and A Typical Day. (giggles:) He's no Spielberg but he's getting better. I used to get seasick watching the video he shot of Gabe in his various sports.

Today we went to the unit holiday party. It was surprisingly fun. Santa brought presents for the kids and the USO sent books and stuffed animals for the kids. All the kids got to snag presents from under the tree from the USO. Not a single book was picked up! It was so funny. I took like three. Gabe has outgrown a lot of his books and needs more challenging reading so I'm on the hunt for harder books. He brought home Goosebumps the other day from school and I was really surprised to find it didn't scare him. (He's had a lot of fear issues since Terry left).

Speaking of Terry, we got to see him on the webcam for several hours today. I feel so bad for him because he was up till like 2am his time but he just didn't want to get off. He is very homesick right now. We talked about random stuff and even played checkers!

I have another holiday party this Saturday. I'm actually glad to be invited to some parties. I am a party girl, as Cheesecake Divorce knows :) And these aren't exactly the raging parties but hey, it's good to mingle with other adults for a couple of hours. The next one is with my MochaMoms mommy group. I've been forcing myself to get more involved because I think it's an incredible group of African American women who have for the most part stopped their careers to raise their kids. I think I could learn a lot from them, not to mention it's just great networking.

Well, Gabe is working on a Lego masterpiece. He is entering a contest and I always get so nervous for him because he gets too excited and I'm thinking, "please god let him win something!" No parent likes to see a child disappointed but I also know he has to learn to rise from defeat.

I'm sleepy and my shows are coming on in a little while. Gotta go tuck my Lego builder into bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Asher is an adorable Christmas moose. I can't believe how different Gabe looks!

And your other pics are all fab, too. You look marvelous as usual, darling!

xo,
me