Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Iraq war movies

So I am reading these blogs discussing the two war movies being released; Jarhead and Gunner Palace. The obvious difference is they are about two different wars; Operation Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Also, Gunner Palace, about the current war, is a documentary while Jarhead is a feature film. I don't know if I'll watch either one of them. I only get anxious and see Terry in all those boys' faces, but I digress...

Here's a link to Gunner Palace if you want to see the previews http://www.gunnerpalace.com/ It think it deserves a plug since Jarhead is getting so much publicity. The thing about these movies is that sure, it may tell a bit of truth about war, but it always glorifies it just a little bit.

In other news. I'm going crazy and need a night of drinking and dancing. I'm going to a concert at the Kennedy Center on Friday with some friends. We'll see if that does the trick...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't watch stuff like that even in peaceful times. Try not to torture yourself, hon. xo

Maggie Goff said...

I own Gunner Palace and I think it's pretty good.

I arrived here after reading your comment on 365 and a wakeup. I came over to thank you for your service to our country. Our families are as important as our service members, and in some ways I think your job is harder. So thank you very much!