Saturday, October 01, 2005

This weekend I am attending a picnic that I and a few soldiers/wives arranged for our unit. I'm actually really looking forward to it since we have not gathered together since our guys deployed and some of them haven't even met I don't think. We are pretty proud of the expected turnout too. A friend of a friend is giving us discounts on the Subway party subs we ordered (Thank you Bob!) and throwing in some free cookies for the kiddos. What a cool guy! Anyway, it's a gorgeous day and we had an easy trip up here. It's about 2.5 hours from where I live. I'm spending some time with a good friend of mine in Harrisburg tonight. We're going to see a movie and are excited to get out of the house and away from our kids for a little while.

In other un-related news I must discuss Kate Moss. Now, we all know how I keep up with the celeb world and the fantasy that comes with it. I read a great article in Slate Magazine about how H&M and some of her other sponsors pulled the plug on her contract because of the cocaine incident (in case you didn't know, Ms. Moss was photographed snorting a bunch of lines, the results which unded up on the front page of a newspaper. How, after all her years of waif modeling did she miss the class on discretion? gasp!) Anyhoo...H&M only gave Moss a verbal slap on the wrist when the story broke but after thousands of people complained they pulled her contract all together. Now, I think it's just sad that it took everday people like you and me to tell a company, "We really don't like our children looking at cocaine addicts to sell them clothes. Sends the wrong message don't you think?" On the other hand, we all knew the only way a supermodel stays super after 30 and kids is cocaine. Duh!

No comments: