Thursday, July 14, 2005

Stay in the shallow end

Wow, that must have been awkward reading about someone's deep thoughts and self doubt. Entertaining though, no? Maybe you all feel better about yourselves now.."I thought I had problems..." :) So I'll try to keep it light since some of my readers are soldiers who probably need a good laugh more than psychobabble.

This isn't funny per se, but good gossip. My neighbor was babysitting for some friends of hers. She had her daughter and their daughters, 18 months and 8. Well their father is a cop and was in court as a witness, asked her to watch them for a couple of hours in the morning. Well that was at 10:30. She came over, very much on edge, at FOUR pm and asked to borrow Asher's car seat (strangely enough I've had several requests to borrow it in the past) so she could take the kids to pick up her OTHER child from cub scouts. She was really frantic and said it was the worst day. I offered to babysit the kids so she wouldn't have to worry about dragging all three of them just to pick up her son down the road. Oh, I already had my boys AND two of their friends over playing. So I had SEVEN kids in my house at one point yesterday. It was controlled chaos for about a half an hour. But let me back up. When she dropped her kids off she said she LOST HER JOB because she couldn't make it in to work because the guy had not picked up his kids and she didn't have contact information for either parent. I insisted that had to be wrong, she couldn't lose her job over this. Well it was true. The cop pulled up to pick up his kids at about 5:30 just a few minutes before she showed up. I forewarned him that she was pretty upset and that she got fired. (I couldn't help it I knew he was in for a tounge lashing. But he's a cop so he's probably used to it.) What's worse he didn't even seemed disturbed that I was watching his children. I don't even know the guy...Anyway, she was so pissed she didn't even say anything to him, just took her kids and went inside. It was just bizarre, like watching a car crash in slow motion. I wonder who will watch their kids this week...there's no way I'm going to offer!

No comments: