Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Nip, Tuck, Click

Well, I don't know about you but I was getting bored of my blog so I gave it a makeover. What do you think? Anyway, blue is a much more appropriate color these days. I'm blue. The sky's blue. Terry's blue. It works.

We had a wonderful time seeing him though. Even though saying goodbye again was probably the most difficult thing we've ever had to do. The next time I see him, it will be after he's spent have a year in Iraq. Try to wrap your brain around that. But we made a lot of memories before he left.

Together again

Gabe waited until 2am to see Terry come home. He fell asleep but we woke him up.

StarWars birthday We celebrated Gabe's birthday early so Terry could be there.


Gabe got lots of Star Wars loot of course. We bought him a Razor scooter - all the rage in our neighborhood. He's even practiced jumping the thing, which there are official trick names for but I have no idea what they are. Scooters are the skateboards of today you know?


We also went to Six Flags and were completely drained from riding rollercoasters and playing in the water park.

Superman The Ride - How we learned to fly this weekend. LOVE rollercoasters!

Our little frog

There was a great Batman stunt show at Six Flags, very loud and manly for the boys. Asher loved it. Gabe said, "Batman looks funny. Why is his cape so small?" The first time Batman came out onto the set he was on his motorcycle and the cape looked like a shark took a big bite out of it and this tiny piece of fabric is flapping in the wind behind him. It was one of those, "The Emperor is wearing no clothes" moments.

Go Batman






The big finale of the weekend was the Nationals game aaaaaaaaand - we lost to the Mets. Yeah. I'm bad luck at baseball. Never seen my home team win. Ever. It's scary actually. Maybe I'll convert to a Yankees fan and go to a few games to even out the playing field. LOL.






Last night we had a Last Supper - leftovers and huge servings of Starbucks Fraps and Lattes :) We knew it was going to be a long night. We let Gabe stay up as long as he could and then made video tapes of Terry reading books to the boys and teaching Asher his colors and shapes. I was like, "Make a tape for me too!" Then we woke up at 6:30am and cried like babies as he drove away. Gosh. It was so so sad! You can't write this stuff!

Whenever I upload pictures to share with you all I am reminded of what a lovely family we have and that I am grateful for what we have today. Now. Not what we are working towards or wish our lives were like, what we have this moment. Two beautiful healthy boys who love their daddy and mommy. We are a tight family and what more could you really ask for?

No comments: