Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hollywood and high school

I have a love/hate relationship with Hollywood gossip. I love it when they have drama because then I see that even the rich and famous have problems and heartaches, they get fat, and sick, and depressed just like the rest of us. I know that sounds horrible but since I don't know these people it's like they're not real. I hate it when I realize I'm taking in joy in someone else's pain, because that's just not human. I also cringe when I realize I've spent even $10 of my (husband's) hard earned money on verbal garbage and glossy photos of people I don't know.

Which is why I really need some work. I did finally get paid for an article I wrote a LOONNNNg time ago. That was very satisfying I have to say. I was all juiced up with motivation to finish a book review I started, and research a new topic, but after Terry leaves it takes me some time to climb out of the depression and get back to living my life.

Back to Hollywood. Here's an article I found rather sweet actually, because I hope other people take interest in adopting these poor babies too.

Finally, the high school reunion. Although I have mostly good memories of hs, I recently remembered that I made a few enemies and I really hope they don't show up. Do people still get into fights over nothing? I mean when you're NOT drinking? Ugh. I just hope MY friends show up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me, too, me, too, me too!!!! You know I salivate over the tabloids. I recently allowed my Star Magazine subscription to lapse and now I am totally in withdrawal. I am not sure why - the mags aren't even particularly interesting and I am usually floored by the price tags on the crap they buy, but I clearly have a problem....