Tuesday, May 10, 2005

When ants attack

The ants went marching one by one past my desk downstairs but I didn't notice until I was on my hands and knees looking for something and they were practically crawling all over me. (ew)Yes, I'm a city girl, I don't like bugs, would not eat a bug EVER, and especially don't want them sharing my living space - or a thousand of them for that matter. Finally I broke down and called my landlord (he knows Terry's deployed so I'm taking advantage of Terry's little, "help my wife out if she needs anything" speech ) But I made the mistake of calling him right in the middle of my frustration. I woke up late (8:00 am for those of you non parents is VERY late:) skipped breakfast and was dealing with this ant thing, spraying, cursing, etc. (I've been fighting this losing battle for weeks now). So, needless to say I was emotional. I call him up and he DOESN't KNOW WHO I AM. That doesn't help. Finally he recognizes me and gets all apologetic about not fixing the OTHER issues with our place you know doors, lights - the amenities. I could care less. I want to see a man in a hazmat suit spraying the h-e-double toothpicks out of my backyard where the ant party is going on, so my children can breathe something other than oh, you know, poisonious aerosol. Long story short, no hazmat team but a bottle of edible poison out back will hopefully stop the ants in their tracks.

I decided the boys needed a break from my ranting and took them outside to play. It reminded me of my old neighborhood in Kent, kids of all ages playing ball games and girls twirling on the playground bars. I even did a couple of flips to show Gabe what I can still do even though I'm his mom. He was impressed. He even did a couple himself! Asher loves slides! He likes to go down head first though. I'm not sure if that means he will be adventurous or irresponsible...:)

It's gorgeous out here. 80 degrees, but I have no A/C in my car. Karma I guess for my gas guzzling black beauty, but whatever - I'm getting it fixed and will continue to drive on with my head in the greenhouse affected clouds, at a comfortable 65 degrees.

Terry leaves for Indiana tomorrow. The first day of a very intense train up. I'm sure he'll at least be able to curse in Arabic by the time he gets back. Keep praying for him, and that he gets some time to see us before leaving for Iraq. Things keep changing...

p.s. forgive any spelling errors, no spellcheck here...and you get my point anyway

No comments: