Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A conversation with my treadmill

"Why don't you just make it official?"
"Excuse me?"
"Yeah. You never even look at me anymore. Why do you drag this on? Just say you don't want me anymore so I can move on to someone who does."
"Please don't say that, I already feel guilty enough. I want you. I need you. I just don't have time right now. "
"You haven't had time for the past three weeks. Now, you're just using me as a laundry hanger and storage unit."
"That is so not true. Remember last week? We were together for 15 whole minutes."
"That means nothing. It was a pity run."
"What do you want from me?"
"Make more time."
"Sure. I'll just wave my magic wand and poof, create another hour."
"I'm serious. Get up earlier, spend time with me instead of the TV."
"Hey the TV just got here, be nice."
"Fine, but I've heard from heart and lungs . They want you back with me too."
"What?! They said that?"
"AND stomach, thighs and butt ."
(Gasp) "That's LOW millie, just low."
"See you in the morning?"
"Fine, but the TV stays on!"

No comments: