Thursday, May 26, 2005

Repairanoia and nanny envy

This is my berry good friend's blog, and I know that after reading it you may not ever read my blog again for hers is far more interesting and entertaining. So, adios to those who have clicked away.

To my loyal readers: how is it that I rise, toil and (kind of) rest each 24 hours without losing my mind while my hubby is away, yet taking my car into a stranger who I'm praying to ALL GODS will fix my a/c, sends me into mild hysteria? It's a geeeeorgeous 75 degrees here and this is my view


yet, I can't take time to literally smell the roses because I am dreading leaving the Black Stallion with The Mechanic, despite the fact someone referred me to him. But the thought of me and the boys shifting around in sweaty leather seats in Memorial Day traffic forces me into the arms of an equally sweaty, greasy, and sometimes smelly man who knows by my short-shorts, pink baseball cap and flip flops that I don't know crap about cars.

Speaking of referrals, there is something all the would-be parents should know. If you don't have family around to watch your children, be prepared for nanny hoarding. My new east coast pals have yet to offer up a name that might be interested in possibly watching my sweet babies so I don't commit suicide from lack of adult conversation. This is me trying to make conversation now:

Crickets in the background.
"Juicy Juice?"
Confused stares followed by slowly backing away from the disheveld woman wielding a small box of juice.

The following shows why...and why I would go a thousand years without a break if I have to!



Breakfast


Down time on the new chair




Please don't sit on the other side of the teeter-totter mommy

What a good brother

Staring at a dog

Oppseedaisy

More play time...still staring at the dog

Probably Teen Titans or Fairly Odd Parents

Tony Hawk spews a lot of blood when he falls..thanks DAD.


Having fun

No comments: