Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The magic of Disney

I wasn't surprised when I read this story about a couple who lost their wedding rings at Disney World and Disney staff found them and returned the rings.

When we went for a weeklong vaca in November - and had a thoroughly magical time celebrating Asher's birthday and Thanksgiving - my husband lost our camera. On the last day of our trip. With over 700 photos on it, including Asher's birthday at the Crystal Palace. We both wanted to cry. Well, after spending a restless last night in our resort room we called lost and found and it was there! Obviously we were relieved but we had to catch our flight so we couldn't go and get it. They agreed to send it to us.

Then, as we boarded our Magical Express bus to the airport we realized we forgot Asher's special Mickey in the hotel room. Argh! So, we called lost and found again. They checked the hotel room and it was indeed there. Three days later a box arrived on our doorstep with one special edition Mickey doll and a lifetime of memories inside.

That's why we love Disney.



6 comments:

Nicole said...

Yes, and Disney is one of this country's FEW businesses that does not tolerate rude employees...ever. I love that.

Silver said...

Dang, that's awesome. Had no idea Disney would go to such lengths.

Funny thing about the couple who lost the rings, they're from my hometown, and made the local newspaper.
Check it out: http://telegram.com/article/20080423/NEWS/804230817/0/FRONTPAGE

MQ said...

Nicole - I know! In fact we had one guy who was bordering on rudeness and we were shocked! He didn't want to let us redeem a coupon for a free photo (from that photo pass they give you where you get snapshots with the characters during your stay and they store them on that card that looks like a room key) because the coupon had gotten a bit worn from the week long trip. I was like, "Oh, I'm SURE you can redeem this" - daring him to say no to a guest who just dropped $3,500 on a trip :)

Silver - We were seriously crying when we thought the camera was gone. Thank God they found it! And the Mickey doll. Asher sleeps with it every night :)

Isn't it a small world? :)

sweatpantsmom said...

I agree. It's easy to knock Disney, but they run a tight ship.

We were at Disneyland for a special event recently, and when my daughter had to use the bathroom (don't they always?) and it looked like she was going to miss the parade, one of the employees raced ahead and lifted a rope so we could take a shortcut.

Jess Riley said...

You all look sooo happy!!

My parents took me to Disneyworld when I was five, and it was so much fun...I still remember it fondly!

(Hope you're well!)

About Me said...

We've been to Disney twice and are longing to go a third time, although we have to wait for these gas prices to go down! I agree, it's a fantastic place to visit, and the staff's care and honesty makes it all the more special. Thanks for sharing this!