Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Marines in Berkeley

Nicole posted this video on her blog: Marines in Berkeley and while it was hilarious, I was left kind of angry too. I detest these people who have no concept of what our military does or why we need them:

"I don't know a good use of the Marines in my lifetime" says one peace activist.

"I felt like how the Iraqis probably felt, like we were being occupied," another liberal laments about the new recruiting office. (I'm banging my head on the table at this point.)

My favorite part was when the "journalist" (It's the Daily Show) says to one of the Code Pink activists going on about how they had a right to protest in front of the recruiting center; "If only there were an organization sworn to protect free speech”? And she laughed, "That would be nice." Idiot.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yeah that last line was my favorite...or maybe the lady (that's probably too formal) that thought that eliminating the police would stop crime...they reak of intelligence.