Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year

In today's blog post:
  • Updates
  • Christmas to do crap
  • Britney
  • SeaTac Airport Christmas fear


I think we're all still in turkey comas. My blogging friends are all MIA.

I have not been writing much because my eyes are sore from job hunting on the web. (I even have to get my eyes checked because I find myself squinting at the screen a lot lately. But I think glasses would make me look smart. Don't you?)



And hooray! Terry finally got his raise (nearly a year later than he would have if he had not deployed, but I'm trying to focus on the positive here folks). But, we still can't afford a house until I start bringing something in. It will happen soon. I'm just believing...and there's always the Johnny Rockets that just opened up down the road. eek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Gabe is taking TaeKwonDo, and just earned his first blue tape. Whatever that means; he's proud of it




Asher, well, he's three now, which only means he has more words with which to con us all out of disciplining him. He says, "But I'm a BABY" or "But daddy I'm your son." Seriously. He says this.

Can you even believe that Christmas (yes, I said CHRISTMAS) is just around the corner? I have to sew a sheep costume, make mashed potatoes for 15 people, commit 10 Christmas songs to Gabe's memory, buy our Christmas "I'm eating 5,000 calories today" feast, and buy Terry's gifts - in the next 10 days. Oh, and try to get a job. And make trading card ornaments with my kids' faces on one side and their "stats" on the other. And ship six presents to my family. And force my children and husband to watch Meet me in St. Louis, Little Women, and It's a Wonderful Life with smiles on their faces while eating popcorn, and sipping hot chocolate just so I can believe I'm etching a holly jolly Christmas into their memory.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I'm also organizing a badly needed girls night out. "The Holiday" and gallons of alcohol are on the to do list. That's a nice segue to the juicy part of this blog that, if you've hung in this far into my pointless post, you will want to comment on.

Three words. Britney and Paris. They have reached new depths of worthlessness. I'm hoping the EPA will storm Ahnold's office and demand we deport them to suck another country's air, so anyone D list or lower can breath what good oxygen there is left in L.A. And I'm ashamed that I get sucked into their vat of stinking nothingness whenever I see a headline on MSN Entertainment cry, "OOPS, SHE FORGOT HER PANTIES AGAIN!" and then click on the link.

"Dear Santa,
Please run over the Pantyless Pack and deliver their gifts to 777
..."

And lastly folks, I must say to my people of Seattle: SERIOUSLY????? YOU TOOK DOWN CHRISTMAS TREES SO THE ENTIRE COUNTRY CAN SEE YOU COWERING IN YOUR HEMP SHOES AND L.L. BEAN PARKAS RATHER THEN JUST PUT UP THE DAMN MENORAH OR HELL, EVEN LET HIM SUE? You redeemed yourself and replaced the trees, but I am terrified to tell anyone that I called Seattle home at one point. Grow some. And I don't mean trees or weed.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good flight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the glasses....

Brit and Paris. I prefer to call them God's little joke to mankind. Seriosuly, Brit's kids need gift certificates for future therapy sessions. I got a $5....

Anonymous said...

Ummm yeah well Santa Cruz isn't much better. The Mayor decided to vote a referendum in to aid those that don't want to obey deployment orders. The soldier asking for help is an officer and I am happy to say for once that I am from San Francisco and NOT Santa Cruz.

Sounds like the holiday is going to be a ton of fun! Enjoy it! Tell the little one way to go on the stripe. I was one under reaching my blackbelt in Goju Ryu Karate before I PCS'd and preggo. Tell him to drive on and "Keeeee-ayi!"

Good job on asking them to grow a pair. Quite a few who need to do that.

Anonymous said...

MQ, I thought you were MIA. Glad to see you're back...at least for the time being. If a full-time job is going to force you to cut back on your blogging, then I'm not sure I'm ready for that. AR and I will discuss and then get back to you. LOL

I couldn't agree with you more about the two dipsh*ts. You need to add Lohan and Ritchie to the list. Yes, they should all be doing life for being oxygen thieves. At least Britney had the common courtesy to pay us guys back with a little shot. Seriously though, I'm offended by such displays of overt sexuality. She just had a kid! I'm kidding...it wasn't that overt.

Look forward to another post in say....three weeks???

WPJ

marme said...

Absolutely do not even associate all of Seattle with that little tree episode....it is the way AMERICAN people are these days it is a WHIP!! We have survived hurricane like weather and some of us have gone without any sort of lights for 4 days and some still without power....who cares about whether or not there is a tree at the airport or not. I'm so not into the whole politics thing, there are too many more important things in life and I think they forgot that the CHRISTMAS tree has nothing to do with CHRIST or a "religion"....okay you now have my opinion. Hope you will keep posting.

Anonymous said...

MQ-I'm organizing a "men's night out" soon. AR is invited. It won't last longer than a few days. Thanks for understanding! BTW-when was Asher's Birthday?

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I'm guilty of a little Britney and Paris clickage myself...MSN is my weakness. Maybe we love to hate to them because they make us poor folk feel good about our mental health?? Lol...Happy Holidays, MQ and family!!

MQ said...

Christina - No doubt! Those girls need a wake up call to what's going on in the rest of the world

HH6 - I cannot believe...well, yes I can believe that anyone would reward soldiers to go, what's that called, AWOL??!!!

WPJ - you know I'm here!

marme - I don't lump all of Seattle into that mess, but I hate that, that's how they make the news. You're all totally in my prayers from the terrible weather!

nicole - Yup, love to hate, that's it! I don't think I'd want their life, but to be blissfully unaware of the trouble of this world, I wouldn't mind that sometimes :(