Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm a moderate

This is not an invitation to launch into specific controversial subjects. I don't want my blog becoming a war zone. This is just for fun.

I took a Democratic loyalty quiz. I was curious because, as you can assume, this deployment experience has given me pause on some issues. (Although, I don't care why we are in a war, if my husband is there, we are 100% on his side!!! We can talk about why later.) Here were my results:

Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.

Interesting...I do like to be the center of attention. "Put the camera on me, Bob"

9 comments:

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

That sounds wrong to me. I'm not that liberal, am I?

MQ said...

Well, you know if a quiz says it, it's true :)

Anonymous said...

Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

Hmm, I think the questions on this quiz were totally skewed to extremist choices. I would call myself a liberal moderate. Ok, maybe "very liberal moderate." ;-)

Anonymous said...

But my point was, I don't support the Democratic party blindly. I am registered independent and support SANITY in politics, if there is such a thing. I won't get into the specifics here, you know I'd just start frothing at the mouth. ;-)

MQ said...

In my blog browsing I've found there aren't many moderates. Most of those I've read are self proclaimed lefties, but strangely, I'm drawn to them. What the hell???

Anonymous said...

Come to the light! Wooooooooooooooo ;-)

I think you just like controversy, girl!

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Self proclaimed lefties are freaking hot!

(Pokes self) Ssssssss!

Anonymous said...

ummmmmm, I got a -37 what does that make me?

CPT R (TERRY)

MQ said...

Full circle - you're a moderate, honey. xoxox :)