Thursday, September 01, 2005

Third World America

Sometimes when I think my life is so bad, I'm embarrased by my self pity. A friend told me today of an Iraqi War veteran from New Orleans who said it was worse over there than in Iraq. I cannot get over the images of sweaty, thirsty babies and dead old people in their lawn chairs. It's making me mad now. It shouldn't take three days to drop water and MREs to the people over there. We did it in Thailand what's going on here? I gotta go write my president now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This response is odd....great way to blow smoke at a blog just to get your traffic to your "by my stuff" site.

MQ said...

yeah no crap! Gimmee a real response!

Anonymous said...

I have a site selling goods. Can I post it here too?

Monique, you are right on with the speediness of our government to get aid to these people. Where were the busses on Sunday? The mayor takes pot shots at his state's governor and President Bush, but where will he stand up to take some responsibility? Sounds like they had been preparing for a storm like this for years, shouldn't their shelters have food and water? Shouldn't he be working with the feds to have a worse case scenerio plan? It is easy to point fingers, but where was he?
Then again, why weren't the issues with these levees fixed years ago? Sounds like they have known about the problems for a long time.
My hope is that Baton Rouge will not turn into a war scene like New Orleans.
love ya chic. Oh, and I mailed off Gabeys toy yesterday. My bad for taking so long...